Sunday, January 22, 2017

Morning Offering Prayer

Artwork by Norman Faucheux. 

Visit his website at: Sacred Art by Norman Faucheux

Jesus, 
I offer you my day and all that is in it - all the prayers, works, joys, and sufferings I might experience today - in union with your own Heart that is loved by the Father and opened up to the world, even if it gets pierced. I offer you every moment of the day in union also with the intentions of the Holy Father, all the bishops around the world, and all other apostles of prayer, as well as with all those who are suffering today, for the salvation of the world.
Amen.


Of course, the Morning Offering is not scripture but a prayer. And it's a wonderful one to begin each day. According to Rev. Christopher Collins, S. J., "When I look at the image of the Sacred Heart, I see at once the image of God who has assumed a heart of flesh (Incarnation) that is wounded and bloodied (paschal mystery) and at the same time aflame with an unquenchable fire of love (Resurrection). " The Sacred Heart then encompasses much of what we believe.
Excerpt quoted from Rev. Chris Collins's book Three Moments of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment